Wednesday, June 29, 2011

LA Bound!

Basically, the only way I manage to console myself after returning to the "real world" from a trip is to immediately start planning and looking towards the next escape, even if it is months away. Planning for a trip is almost (but not quite) as exciting as actually going! I don't try to map out every waking moment, and print off detailed itineraries, but I love to search sites like Yelp, Zagat, and Four Square for interesting restaurants I'd like to visit or special events in the area.

I began thinking about a return visit to the Los Angeles area before I even boarded the flight home, this past January. I had spent less than 3 days in California at the tail end of a Las Vegas trip, and discovered it wasn't nearly long enough. I mean really...80F and 0% humidity in January?!? How could I not fall in love? Thanks to an iPhone airfare app that alerted me to an unbelievably cheap round trip rate to LAX (we're talking under $200 in total...jealous you didn't see it first??) I will be returning in exactly two weeks!

A few of the highlights I'm planning for this time:

* A one day intensive Stand Up Comedy Class in Hollywood!
* Karaoke at the Gaslight in Santa Monica
* Reading If You Were Here by Jen Lancaster (my favorite author!) on the beach...
*And of course I'll be getting my fix at Baja Fresh and In'N'Out Burger!!

If you should see me with my eyes a little dreamy and glazed over in the next several days, it's because mentally, I'm already on my way. Bon voyage!!

No comments:

Post a Comment